Inspired by the New Forest and with help from a professional perfumier, we have developed a range of anti-moth products which use a blend of eight essential oils. These have created the refreshing and fragrant moth deterrent product range that is available today.
The 8 essential oils we use in our products
- May Chang has fragrant lemongrass scented leaves and flowers and is a wonderful aroma that uplifts, cleanses and tones.
- Lavender promotes well being in the home with gentle, healing and comforting properties.
- Virginian cedarwood is a century old fragrance that cleanses and purifies both the spirit and the home. It calms tension and anxiety and is used as an antiseptic and fungicide. It is one of the most powerful natural ingredients for deterring moths and other insects.
- Patchouli was used by silk traders from in the 18th and19th century to prevent moths from laying their eggs on their merchandise.
- Thyme is a powerful immune booster and has always been used to relieve colds, coughs, tonsillitis, for relieving muscle aches and pains and to repel moths from clothes and wardrobes.
- Laurel is a herb of protection. It is a natural fungicide that helps to freshen and cleanse the air, particularly in musty or damp places (more about laurel here)
- Rosemary is a medicinal herb used for centuries to ward off infectious diseases. It is also a great insect repellent.
- Clove bud is a spice that has medicinal properties and is a well known insect repellent; it is anti fungal, analgesic and antiseptic, great also for certain digestive problems and for colds and the flu.