A little while ago, Total Wardrobe Care was invited to an exclusive event in a private residence in Beaulieu, Hampshire. Here I met owner/designer, Niamh Barker of The Travelwrap Company. Having initially thought that I had no need of a luxury cashmere travelwrap, I was struck by the quality of the yarn, depth of colour and original design.
I simply could not resist, became an instant convert and now my Escher Dragonfly Travelwrap is my new best friend!
Some of the many uses for my travelwrap
- A ferry crossing to France, wrapped around my shoulders for the 6 hour journey.
- In the car, the husband likes the air con on so I wrap it around my legs, then over my head and fall asleep.
- Kept around my neck ’til the fire gets going.
- Evening BBQs when it gets a bit chilly.
- Watching TV in the winter, all snuggled up on the sofa.
- Staying away for the weekend in a chilly hotel, on the bed acting as a blanket.
…Yes it has been worth it and I think it gets more wears per month than everything else in my wardrobe!
How I look after my travelwrap
For starters I keep it in the knitwear bag. No moth is going to make a meal out of my precious travelwrap. I haven’t yet hand washed it but I will using our gentle laundry liquid. Then it’s kept in a drawer with scented drawer sachets and of course the room has a moth box and moth decoy
That’s my armoury… it’s a battle and so far I’m winning!